Friday 7 November 2014

Bizzare! South African teenager who continuously bleeds from the eyes leaves doctors confused

Jane Mothibe, 13, from Katlehong in Ekurhuleni, South Africa, apparently bleeds from her eyes and it often comes when she is at school and it scares other pupils.

Her mum, Welheminah, 43, has taken Jane to doctors and to their church for help but nobody could find the cause of the bleeding.
“One doctor said I was crazy and laughed at me. He took my R350 and gave me medicine for Jane but said he saw nothing wrong,” said Welheminah.
The bleeding didn't stop and Jane was sent to hospital.

Many tests were done but doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her.

The bleeding stopped in June but started again last Friday.
“Now it’s on her stomach, ears and thighs. It’s everywhere. Kids at school are even saying that she has blood cancer,” the mum said.
Jane said she doesn't feel any pain from the bleeding. “I don’t feel, and my classmates have to tell me that it’s started again.
“I go to church and I believe in God. Why is this happening to me?”
Catholic priest Father Smangaliso Mkhatshwa told Daily Sun that the church will investigate what’s happening to Jane. “It could be a rare disease, but there could also be religious causes,” he said.

One of Jane’s schoolmates told the People’s Paper that she loves Jane, but gets scared when the bleeding starts.

Welheminah colleague, Carol Mofokeng, also tried to help the girl.
“I have seen Jane being brought from school with bandages, but without wounds. This is sad. She needs help to understand what is happening to her,” Carol said.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...