Thursday 5 May 2016

Colton Haynes officially comes out as gay: 'I'm happier than I've ever been'

Colton Haynes has officially come out as gay in an interview with Entertainment Weekly where he confirmed the news which was released on Thursday May 5 after rumors began circulating early this year.

''I should have made a comment or a statement, but I just wasn’t ready. I didn't feel like I owed anyone anything,'' the 27-year-old Teen Wolf star said about the rumors. ''But I felt like I was letting people down by not coming forward with the rest of what I should have said.''

Colton said hiding his identity added to his struggle with anxiety.

''People want you to be that GQ image that you put out, but people don't realize what it’s like to act 24 hours a day. I'd go home and I was still acting,'' Colton said. ''People who are so judgmental about those who are gay or different don’t realize that acting 24 hours a day is the most exhausting thing in the world.''

Colton says he's in a much better place now.

''It took me so long to get to this point, but I’m doing so good,'' he said. ''I'm happier than I've ever been, and healthier than I've ever been, and that’s what I care about.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...