Friday 24 April 2015

Kellie Maloney set to make a return to the boxing ring

The transsexual, formerly Frank, had her final sex change operation last month. And yesterday she unveiled the two British boxers who have tempted her back into the sport, Daily Star reports .

She says it will be “harder as a woman than as a man”.

The Celebrity Big Brother star’s voice trembled as she gave thanks to her daughters, mum, management team and “the boxing fraternity” for their support.

The 62-year-old added: “Now I feel complete and happy in myself, the one thing that was missing in my life was something I really enjoyed, and that’s my love of boxing.”

She told a packed press conference at a restaurant in London’s Soho:
''It’s a bigger challenge for me now, being a female, than it was as a male. I was very nervous and I still am nervous because I know there is the establishment (in boxing) out there. I’ve seen interviews with other promoters who I can tell are desperate to say something, but haven’t because it’s not politically correct.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...