Monday 25 May 2015

4-year-old boy dressed in a Marine uniform visits Marine father's grave on Memorial Day

This is the touching moment a four-year-old boy dressed in a Marine uniform visited his father's grave in Arlington National Cemetery.

Christian Jacobs and his mother, Brittany Jacobs, visited the grave of Sgt Christopher James Jacobs, who served one tour in Afghanistan and one in Iraq.

They came bearing flowers, cards and photographs, and Christian had lain on the ground next to his father's tombstone.
''I hope for you to come back soon, daddy. And I love you and hope for you to be here. I know you will be here and I love you. And he is always watching over me and makes sure - he's proud of me, daddy. And I love you daddy,'' 4-year-old boy said.
 ''He wants to know so much about his father. He likes coming here and he was excited about coming here. He said I get to go see my daddy. My daddy's resting place is what he calls it so he was looking forward to coming out here. When he got here the first thing he did was run up and hug the stone, he didn't want to leave it,'' Brittany Jacobs told WBRC.
Sgt. Jacobs died in 2011 in a training accident a Marine base in Twentynine Palms, California, when Christian was just eight months old.


- Daily Mail Uk




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...