Thursday 4 June 2015

Accra explosion kills 96 people, survivor shares his experiences

In the aftermath of the Ghana petrol station fire, which has killed 96 people, and the floods that are causing havoc in the capital city, the education minister has asked children to stay at home today and all schools are closed, reports the BBC's Sammy Darko.

One of the survivors of the Ghana petrol station fire in Accra was bus conductor Yaw Aforve.

"We were looking for a place to park and my bosses said we should come to this filling station, so we were sleeping in the car when we suddenly heard of a fire outbreak," he told the BBC's Sammy Darko. People were running so I came out and dived into the water. I came up to see what was happening and the fire burnt my face so I dived back and I was swept away by the water to the other side. I saw so many people screaming and shouting," he said
Ghanaians send in their experiences of the floods which have been causing chaos in the capital, Accra.

"Our leaders have failed us, Accra is a dead city" - resident Kwabena on #AccraFloods

Sylvester in Ghana fled his home because of the #AccraFloods - he sent us this audio update



                                                          Picture of Accra inferno aftermath

- BBC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...