Monday 8 February 2016

Olumide Bakare opens up about his heart disease

Olumide Bakare is explaining the very cause of his ailment in a recent interview with City People.

''I want Nigerians to know I am still on admission at the UCH,'' the veteran Nollywood actor told the publication. ''I want people to know what I am going through. I want them to know that I have heart and lung problems. There is clot in my heart and in my lung. But what the UCH is trying to do is not to rush into surgery. That is why we have been managing the situation with injections and drugs. I am under serious supervision now. It has started since 2013 but it wasn’t as bad as it is now. We have treated it but you know things like that don’t go easily. About 15 days ago, the sickness resurfaced and I was rushed to the emergency unit of the University College Hospital, Ibadan where I have been admitted. After the test was conducted, the result revealed that I am suffering from 'Dissecting Aortic Aneurysm and Pulmonary Embolism' which has to do with heart related issues. From the diagram, it showed that there is a blockage in the vein that takes blood to the heart.''

Olumide Bakare was rushed to University College Hospital, UCH in Ibadan, Oyo State after suffering from cardiac arrest on Sunday January 24, 2016.

He now takes 4 injections daily called Clexane. Each injection costs over N14,000 each, and Bakare has been on it for 21 days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...