Friday 19 February 2016

Wizkid in Vogue Magazine as he discusses style

Wizkid discussed style with Vogue Magazine as he graced the fashion segment with the headline ''Nigeria's Best-Dressed Pop Star''.

Here's what the 25-year-old ''Ojuelegba'' singer had to share in an interview with the Mag,

Designers

''I wear anything to be honest. Adyn, Rick Owens, Givenchy, anything. I shop from everywhere. We’re talking with BBC to make clothes for my tour.''


Shopping in Lagos

''I have local tailors out there who make me traditional stuff. So I get material from Lagos, and I have them make me pieces. I mix them up with whatever I wear. I have a whole lot of tailors. The fabrics are from different parts of Nigeria. We have the tie and dye from the western part of Nigeria. We get stuff from the north. I mix it up.''

Traditional Clothes

''When I’m back home, all I wear is African fabric. All I really rock is the traditional stuff. That’s the in thing right now. That’s really coming back. Back in the day, our parents used to wear it every day, and they still do, but now it’s cool for wee young ones to wear it. It’s amazing. We’re doing it differently. We’re having it a little bit more fitted. We have styles on it, embroideries and stuff, by local people, made by hand, designed on it.''

For more from Wizkid, visit, www.vogue.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...