Wednesday 2 March 2016

M.I Abaga says he's better than 95 per cent of US rappers

M.I Abaga took to his Twitter handle to make a bold claim that he was better than over 95 per cent of rappers in the US.

The 33-year-old Chocolate City‘s President and Rap phenomenon who released the highly anticipated and long awaited Illegal Music 3 (IM3) The Finale on Tuesday March 1, made the claim known in a series of tweets that same day.

''One day we should have an open discussion with hip-hop fans in Nigeria, where we will discuss and compare our music to that in the states,'' M.I said. ''Can you name a `mixtape’ in Yankee that is better than illegal Music 2 over the last 5 years!? Since yesterday, people have said everything to me about my comments on illegal music 2. I respect all opinions that are respectful, but here’s mine. Illegal Music 2 took at least 10 rappers no one had heard of and put them on the map. Name a Yankee mixtape that has done same. There are many great rappers in the states, I agree with that, but with all humility, I am great or greater than 95 per cent of them.''

Illegal Music 3 marks the third mixtape by the respected rapper after his previous efforts “Illegal Music 1” (2009), and “Illegal Music 2” (2012).

Illegal Music 3 contains 10 tracks, with features from a number of artistes including Ruby Gyang, Khaligraph Jones, Poe, Pryse and CKay.

Listen to the The Finale - Illegal Music 3:  HERE




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...