Monday 14 March 2016

Tiwa Savage opens up about motherhood, career, success to top on UK Newspaper - 'The Voice'

Tiwa Savage is opening up about motherhood; protecting her son from social media scrutiny as well as her Career; success to the top in an exclusive interview with ''The Voice'', a UK Newspaper.

Here's what the 36-year-old singer and mother of one had to share with the publication.

(Husband) Tunji ‘TJ’ Balogun's advise to her to return to Nigeria

''TJ advised me to go back home [to Nigeria.] He told me: 'There’s a void with the female artists, this is something you could really take advantage of and you can do something amazing.' That was basically the start of the move back to Nigeria.''


Her son

''When it comes to my son, I really couldn’t care less what people think. He’s my miracle. Absolutely nothing can pressure me into doing anything that I’m not comfortable with or that I don’t think is best for him. Obviously, we were going to show him eventually. But as people know, I’m in this industry, TJ is in this industry but he [Jamil] hasn’t chosen this life. So I wanted the first few months to be about us, and close family and friends, bonding with him – not to be bombarded with comments like ‘why is he light?’, ‘why is he dark?’ or ‘why are his fingers like this?’ We just wanted to keep that away and really get to know this little boy, get to know his character; what makes him smile, what makes him cry.''

Being an artist

''As an artist, a celebrity, you are literally living in a glass bowl, so everything about your life is scrutinised,''said Savage on being in the public eye.''

On social media

''I owe to those people who support and encourage me to continue to be happy and be positive.''




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...