Sunday 9 October 2016

Donald Trump responds to critics asking him to step down following his 2005 vulgar comments

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he will never quit from the race despite pressures from numerous influential Republicans asking him to step down following a 2005 recording that revealed vulgar remarks he has made about women.

''I'd never withdraw,'' Trump said during a phone call with The Washington Post on Saturday morning after the video was leaked. ''I’ve never withdrawn in my life. No, I’m not quitting this race. I have tremendous support. Zero chance. I’ve never quit in my life. … I can give you my word that I’m never leaving. They're not going to make me quit, and they can’t make me quit,” Donald went on. “The Republicans, you’ve got to remember, have been running for a long time. The reason they don’t win is because they don’t stick together.''

Donald added that he has received “thousands and thousands” of letters and emails from people supporting him after the video revealing his lewd comments surfaced. “You have no idea what it’s like,'' he said. ''So many people. Everyone said, ‘It’s over, it’s over.’ The people didn’t say that, but the reporters said that.''

Watch Trump's taped apology over the 2005 comments he released yesterday.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...