Friday 11 September 2015

'No politician can steal money without the help of the civil servant' - Governor Fayose

Ekiti Governor Ayodele Fayose says Nigerian politicians can not steal money meant for state development without the cooperation of the civil servants who have been in the system long before the politicians came to power.

Mr Fayose was speaking in a series of tweets on Friday, adding that why most leaders failed to win the fight against corruption since 1999 is because they too are corrupt themselves.

''I hate corruption,'' Fayose said. ''I don't do things because of lip-service, I'am a blunt Nigerian. Why most leaders of this country failed in the fight against corruption since 1999 is because they are corrupt themselves. If a leader is leading a country to fight corruption, he must start from his own base. He must be ready and willing to put his home right. I put facts on the table. Facts and figures. No politician can steal money without the help of the civil servant, we should look inwards. One thing I want you all to realise today is this... I love PMB, people think I hate him but I don't Democracy is founded on opposition.''

Visit his Twitter handle to read more...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...