Wednesday 23 September 2015

Robert Lewandowski scores 5 goals in nine minutes during a 5-1 comeback win

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski stepped off the bench at half-time against Wolfsburg to score five goals in nine minutes during a 5-1 comeback win.

"This was just crazy,'' the 26-year-old Polish  footballer said. ''Five goals, that's just unbelievable. I just wanted to shoot and wasn't thinking about what happened afterwards. I am very, very satisfied. This was a great evening for me. I look up at the board after the third or fourth goal and I was surprised there was still so much time left to play. The coach did not have to tell me anything. I knew what had to be done."

"This is something I have never experienced before,'' Boss Pep Guardiola said. ''Five goals in nine minutes. Robert has been a great player in Germany and the world for some time now. I am very happy for Robert. For his confidence and our future this was extremely important. I can't really understand it. Five goals. Neither as a coach nor as a player did I ever experience something like this and I can't really explain it. Five goals against Wolfsburg are never easy."

Lewandowski and his wife Anna Stachurska celebrated the five-goal phenomenon after the game on Twitter on Tuesday.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...