Tuesday 17 November 2015

"I would've enjoyed campaigning against Trump," Obama reveals on GQ Magazine

U.S. president Barack Obama looked dapper on the cover of GQ Magazine's 2015 Men of the Year issue.

The 54-year-old outgoing president revealed during the casual Q & A session with Bill Simmons, 'I would've enjoyed campaigning against Trump' (Republican front-runner) - 'that would've been fun'.

On his smoking habit:

"I made a promise that once health care passed, I would never have a cigarette again. And I have not."

On current state of race relations in America.

"The challenge of Ferguson and all issues related to police shootings, race, and the criminal-justice system is that in order to actually get something done, you have to build consensus. Expressing simple outrage without follow-up is often counterproductive. In the case of Ferguson, I’m the attorney general’s boss. If I chime in with a strong opinion about what’s happened, not only do I stand to potentially damage subsequent law-enforcement cases, but immediately you get blowback and backlash that may make people less open to listening. What was different in Charleston was the clarity of what happened—that allowed, I think, everybody to be open to it."

For more on Obama's full interview visit GQ

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...