Monday, 30 June 2014

To All EEB's Readers Happy New Month

Make a different and be the best.


Photo: Key actor in Chibok girls abduction arrested

In a statement released moments ago, the Nigerian military said it has arrested Babuji Ya'ari, (pictured above), who is described as the key actor in the Chibok girls abduction. Babuji, according to the military, was a member of the Youth Vigilante Group popularly known as civilian JTF, which he used as a cover to spy on the activities of the Nigerian security forces, acting as a spy & gathering information for terrorist group. The military also said Ya'ari has coordinated several deadly attacks in Maiduguri since 2011. Find the press statement signed by Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, after the cut...

A terrorists’ intelligence cell headed by a businessman who participated actively in the abduction of School Girls in Chibok has been busted by troops. The man, Babuji Ya’ari who is also a member of the Youth Vigilante Group popularly known as Civilian JTF which he uses as cover while remaining an active terrorist, also spearheaded the murder of the Emir of Gwoza.  His main role in the group is to spy and gather information for the terrorists group.

Babuji has been coordinating several deadly attacks in Maiduguri since 2011, including the daring attacks on Customs and military locations as well as the planting of IEDs in several locations in the town.

The arrest of the businessman who is known to deal in tricycles has also yielded some vital information and facilitated the arrest of other members of the terrorists’ intelligence cell who are women.  One of them, Hafsat Bako had earlier escaped to Gombe State to avoid suspicion but was tracked and arrested.  Prior to her arrest, Hafsat coordinated the payment of other operatives on the payroll of the group.   In her confession, she disclosed that a minimum of N10,000 is paid to each operative depending on the enormity of his task.

Another female suspect named Haj Kaka who doubles as an armourer and a spy for the terrorists group has also been arrested.  Until their arrest, all the suspects actively operated a terrorists’ intelligence cell in collaboration with others still at large.

In another development, troops deployed in Goniri, Yobe State, over the weekend, had an encounter with terrorists, resulting in casualties on both sides after the attack was successfully repelled.

Major General
Director Defence Information

How girl, 13, was kidnapped by her dad, taken to Syria and forced to marry her cousin

An Australian girl who was kidnapped, beaten and married off to her older cousin by her father’s family in Syria at the age of 13 has spoken out about her horrific five-year ordeal for the first time.

Rania Farrah (pictured above) was on what was meant to be a trip of a lifetime to Egypt to visit the pyramids with her older brother but instead ended up being turned into a child bride by her own family.

Appearing on Channel Nine’s 60 Minutes on Sunday night, Ms Farrah revealed she planned to commit suicide if her escape plan on her 18th birthday didn't work, and said: ‘I was just in a depression the whole time I was there… I just thought of Australia.’

Ms Farrah, who grew up living in Sydney’s southwest and is the daughter of a Syrian Muslim and his Australian convert wife, was married off to her cousin who she had never met and endured terrible beatings after being taken to Syria’s capital Damascus from Egypt.

Her mother, who had previously fled Ms Farrah's father after 20 years of violent marriage, knew about her daughter's kidnapping but told her during phone calls from that she could not afford to bring her home to Australia.

On arrival in Damascus, Ms Farrah was subjected to a virginity test because her father decided she had been under bad influences when in Year 7 at school, when she started smoking cigarettes and talking to boys.
'They wanted to check for my virginity. They said to enroll in a school they needed to check I was a virgin,’ Ms Farrah explained.

She felt 'confusion and fear' as nurses came and held her down. After the virginity test - despite the results showing she was indeed a virgin - her father and brother beat her at her Auntie’s house.
'It’s quite a normal thing to kill your daughter for not being a virgin,' she noted.
On Sunday, Ms Farrah described her father as ‘an evil person, he’s the most evil person you’ll ever meet’.

Opening up to Liz Hayes about the shocking crime of forced marriage that affects hundreds of Australian women every year, she explained that she shut off her emotions and played along with her family’s plan while dreaming of her escape.

Living in a strict Muslim world, she attended an Islamic school and learned Arabic. 'I did all the things they asked me to do… I was taught how to pray and fast for Ramadan,' she said.

Her second cousin, who she was forced to marry, was in his early thirties and Ms Farrah avoided ‘eye contact’ and never spoke to him.
‘We had the engagement party, I got given the gold… I put on the face. But I didn’t feel anything because by that stage I was already planning my escape.’

Ms Farrah hatched an escape plan to return to Australia on her 18th birthday and was helped by the British Embassy to return to Sydney.
A neighbour, who was around the same age as Ms Farrah, had passed her the phone number for the embassy.

But she had to wait until she was 18 before officials were legally allowed to help her.
When she was legally an adult, they told her a woman would wait for her at the Four Seasons hotel in Damascus. Ms Farrah crept out her house and jumped into a taxi while her grandmother was asleep after morning prayer.

Feeling trapped and desperate, she said: ‘If I didn’t get out I was going to kill myself that day.’
Luckily an official was waiting for her at the hotel and gave her a ‘big hug’. They then travelled to the Jordanian border with two body guards and after a tense conversation with Syrian border patrol, Ms Farrah was on her way to freedom and back to Australia.

‘It was early morning when we arrived and we flew over Sydney Harbour,’ Ms Farrah recalled tearfully of arriving back in her homeland.

She said her mother and family in Australia has never asked about her time in Syria or asked how she was feels to be home.

And although she is out of Syria, she is still terrified her father will track her down and has taken out a restraining order against him.

Unfortunately Ms Farrah’s story is not as rare as it might seem.

The Immigrant Women’s Health Service in Fairfield, in Sydney’s west, has rescued 62 child brides from Iraqi, Afghani, Pakistani, Indian, Egyptian, Turkish and Sudanese families over the past three years.

Culled from UK Daily Mail

Keshi is the best indigenous coach Nigeria has ever had" - Okocha

Jay Jay Okocha , one of the Super Sport's analyst on the Nigeria vs France game on Monday evening said the current Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, is the best indigenous coach Nigeria has ever had, saying we need continuity and that he should under no circumstances be removed as coach of the Eagles because we didn't qualify to the quarter-final round of the World Cup.

However, Keshi has resigned already altogether with captain defender Yobo.

Adaeze Yobo slams football fans for criticizing Yobo's own goal

Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, who I think played well tonight, scored an own goal in the Nigeria vs France match. Some football fans, who felt some type of way about it, took their anger out on his wife, Adaeze Yobo, calling her out on social media.

Instead of ignoring the jibes, Adaeze took to her instagram page to fire back. (what she wrote above)

Quit: Coach Stephen Keshi And Defender Joseph Yobo Both Quit Super Eagles

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi and the team captain Joseph Yobo have both quit the team after failing to qualify to the quarter-final stage of the 2014 World Cup, Vanguard  reports.

Speaking this evening after the Eagles' loss to France in the round of 16, Keshi said it was time to move on.

"I have to go back to my family and face fresh challenges,” Keshi said.

Eagles Captain, Yobo Joseph also said he's had enough and can go no further as national team player. “I think I should give the younger ones the opportunity to forge ahead. I have nothing new to offer.”

Ini Edo shows off her beau [pic]

Sexy mama shared her looks on her Instagram page. What do you think isn't she pretty?

If Luis Suarez Agrees To 'Bite Clause' Barcelona To Offer Striker £40million A Five-Year Deal Worth £160,000 A Week

The Catalan giants want to snap up the Uruguayan, but are anxious to ensure that his biting days are behind him Digging their clause in, Barca don't want a repeat of this.

Luis Suarez could earn £40million playing for Barcelona - but only if he agrees to a special 'bite clause'.

The Spanish side are offering the Liverpool striker a five-year deal worth £160,000 a week to move to the Nou Camp.

But Barcelona chiefs are insisting that the contract contains special clauses to ensure that he behaves well both on and off the pitch.

Suarez has already been banned by FIFA for fourth months after his World Cup shame which saw him bite Italy defender Georgio Chiellini . It is the third time he has bitten an opponent in his career.

Barcelona are anxious to ensure that he behaves well - and also recognise they will need to appease some of their supporters.

Liverpool are demanding £80m while Barcelona only want to pay £50m total, which could include Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez as a £30m makeweight in the deal.

Barcelona will also back Suarez in his battle to fight the ban or have it reduced. Suarez is believed to be ready to hire top lawyer Juan De Dios Crespo who is a specialist in sporting cases.

Suarez, who maintains his innocence and claims it was an accidental clash after he lost balance, is ready to take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Suarez Bite: Balotelli Mocks Luis Suarez

Mario Balotelli the Italian Striker posts for a bite from Luis Suarez who has been banned (for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini ) by FIFA for nine matches and will stay away from football related-activity for four months and a fine of $111,000 dollar, pending appeal by Uruguay FA.

Red Carpet photos from 2014 BET Awards + Full List of Winners

The 2014 BET Awards held last night June 29th at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Pictured above are; Tiwa Savage, Keke Palmer and Ashanti. Continue to see more red carpet photos and full list of winner...

Adrienne Bailon and Eddie Murphy daughters, Shayne and Bria
Kerry Washington and Juicy
Neyo with Kenya Moore and Adrienne
T.I and Kenya Moore
Faith Evans and Nick Cannnon
Zendaya Coleman and Claudia Jordan
Juicy and Lil Mama
Paris Hilton
Tatiana Ali and Letoya Luckett
Karrueche Tran and Michelle Williams
Holly Robinson Peete and Gabrielle Union
Amber Rose

 John Legend with BET CEO, Debra L. Lee

Omarion and pregnant girlfriend
Lionel Richie
Gabrielle Union with Russel Simmons and Tia Mowry
Angela Simmons
Floyd Mayweather and blonde companion
Erica Hubbard and John Legend
Nelly and French Montana
Faith Evans and Nelly
Trey Songz and Tyrese
Eva Marcille and Sevyn Streeter

Tiwa and Eva Marcille
Tiwa with singer Sevyn Streeter

Full list of winners below... 

Best Male R&B/Pop Artist: Pharrell Williams
Best Group: Young Money
Best Male Hip Hop Artist: Drake
Video Of The Year: Pharrell Williams
Best New Artist: August Alsina
Best Actor: Chiwetel Ejiofor
Best Movie: 12 Years A Slave
Sportsman Of The Year: Kevin Durant
Best International Act UK: Krept And Konan
Viewers Choice Award: August Alsina
Best Female R&B/Pop Artist: Beyonce
Best Collaboration: Beyonce And Jay Z
Best Female Hip Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj
Video Director Of The Year: Hype Williams
Best Gospel Artist: Tamela Mann
Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
Youngstars Award: Keke Palmer
Sportswoman Of The Year: Serena Williams
Best International Act Africa: Davido

Centric Award: Jhene Aiko


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...