Wednesday, 30 September 2015
The Nigerian music producer who brought out the track to mark Nigeria's 55th Independence celebration on 1st October 2015, said ''this is a love-able song, every Nigerian who has lost any loved one in the killings, and fighting has hope. The Killings has to stop, let us love our self, Love Nigeria and live happily''.
The 37-year-old Italian model took to her Instagram account to announced the great news of their little bundle of joy with the caption, ''My life is full of love because of you... Welcome into the world our lil Skyler Eva 29 - 9 - 2015''
In another picture, Canalis then shared a photo of the baby's lips and hand alongside the caption, ''Thanks guys for sending me so much love during these past months .. Skyler day #1''
''Skyler Eva Perri was born at Cedars Sinai at 3:43 a.m. 9/29/2015 [at] 6 lbs. 12.3 oz. and 19.5 inches long,'' her rep told Us Weekly. ''Elisabetta and Skyler are both healthy and Elisabetta is tango felici (very excited)!''
According to report, Canalis previously dated George Clooney for two years until 2011.
''Information reaching the Theatre Command, Operation Lafiya Dole indicates that Boko Haram terrorists have now resorted to poisoning water sources like wells and streams in areas they were dislodged by gallant troops or areas threatened by offensive operations,'' Gusau said Wednesday. ''The latest being the poisoning of the cattle water ponds in Kangallam village along Marte and Abadam axis in Borno State where a large number of cattle died after drinking water from the ponds.
He added, ''Credible information available to the Theatre Command indicates that though no human life was lost as a result of the barbaric act of the terrorists, however, some cattle were killed after drinking water from some poisoned sources. The action of the terrorists is no doubt aimed at taking their own pound of flesh on the innocent citizens and livestock as a result of the unbearable offensive operations through the combined effort of the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Air Force to route them out completely from their enclaves and hide-outs all over the North East. In view of this development citizens are called upon to avoid as much as possible drinking water from unverified sources especially in locations that troops routed out Boko Haram terrorists. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium. Thank you for your usual cooperation.''
Sheriffs had previously decided the 65-year-old had been driving too quickly when her SUV collided with two cars, pushing one into oncoming traffic.
''We believed from the start that a thorough and objective investigation would clear Caitlyn of any criminal wrongdoing,'' said Blair Berk, Jenner's attorney. We are heartened the district attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanour charge would be inappropriate.
Berk added, "A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter.''
The crash killed 69-year-old Kim Howe, whose Lexus was hit by a Hummer. Four others were injured.
The strikes reportedly hit rebel-controlled areas of Homs and Hama provinces, causing casualties.
The US says it was informed an hour before they took place.
Russian defence officials say aircraft carried out about 20 missions targeting Islamic State, but US officials said that so far they did not appear to be targeting IS-held territory.
''I can now confirm that I just received #Thelist of Ministerial nominees,'' he said on Twitter Wednesday shortly after receiving the list.
Saraki added, ''Presentation of list of Ministerial Nominees by Chief of Staff to President @MBuhari and SA on NASS ( @NGRSenate )''
He continued, ''About an hour ago, I received the list of President Muhammadu Buhari's ministerial nominees from the Chief of Staff to Mr. President, Abba Kyari, and the Special Adviser to Mr. President on National Assembly (Senate) Sen. Ita Enang.''
Saraki received the document containing President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominees from the Chief of Staff to Mr. President, Abba Kyari (with cap), and the Special Adviser to Mr. President on National Assembly (Senate) Sen. Ita Enang.
President Buhari also commiserates with the government and people of Delta State, and the Nigerian Baptist Convention on the passing away of their illustrious son and evangelist.
The President joins them in mourning Mr. Onosode, who apart from being a colossus in Nigeria’s private sector, also excelled in public service on various occasions.
President Buhari believes that Mr. Onosode will be long remembered as an exemplary citizen and leader who made very significant contributions to national development.
The President urges his family, friends, associates and other Nigerians to honour Mr. Onosode's memory by upholding the virtues of integrity, honesty and dedication to service, which he passionately promoted in his long and highly successful career in the private and public sectors.
He prays that God Almighty will comfort all who mourn the late Onosode and grant his soul eternal rest.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 29, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I thank President Obama for organising this important meeting. The timing is appropriate and the subject matter warrants our close attention. The threats posed by ISIL in the Middle East, and violent extremism elsewhere, are an existential danger to many States.
2. ISIL is a serious threat to international peace and security and should be treated as such. There can be no half measures or expedient solutions in dealing with terrorists and extremists.
3. They respect no laws, and have no regard to the sanctity of lives and property. They operate outside law and must be seen for what they are and dealt with appropriately.
4.Given that the acceptance process for recruits into the ranks of ISIL involves rigorous vetting and screening as well as sponsorship known as "tazkiya"; our expectation was that the demanding enlistment process coupled with the legal framework instituted by the United Nations would stem the tide of their flow. Apparently this is not yet happening.
5. The increase in violence and terrorism by ISIL and other groups has enticed and emboldened insurgent groups in Africa to pledge allegiance to gain local traction. The Boko Haram terrorist group, operating in the Lake Chad Basin area, which is currently on the Al-Qaida sanctions list, pledged its allegiance to ISIL in March 2015.
6. While we believe that Boko Haram action is an indication of the weakening operational capability of the group, it could also suggest that it was a strategic move to attract foreign fighters into its fold, and obtain assistance from ISIL. Certainly, whatever the reason was for the declaration of allegiance, one thing is certain: Boko Haram terrorist group wants to be drawn into the centre stage of global terrorism.
7. This development has led not only to a shift in strategy, but also to changes in ideology, recruitment and propaganda methods by Boko Haram. Its recourse to mass executions and public beheadings in the style of ISIL became notoriously widespread after the declaration of allegiance.
8. We also note that sub-Saharan Africa has been receiving special attention for purposes of radicalization and incitement. In the April 2015 Edition of the IS magazine, "DABIQ" entitled 'Shariah Alone Will Rule Africa' , Boko Haram was congratulated for "joining the caravan" of jihad, saying that they would "now guard yet another frontier of the Khilafah [caliphate]" Boko Haram is neither protecting nor promoting Islam. Islam is the religion of peace and does not advocate the killing of the innocent.
9. Furthermore, capitalizing on historic ethnic tensions and upheavals in Africa, ISIL is making vigorous recruitment campaigns and strident efforts to expand into some communities in the Sahel region. Indeed, ISIL operations havelent credence to the supposition that terrorism and violent extremism are the two sides of the same coin.
10. Nigeria notes with satisfaction the efforts of the United Nations and the rest of the international community to contain ISIL. We certainly need to do more. We need to take military action combined with effective border security, intelligence collection and sharing, and vigorous policing action.
11. These alone may not suffice, but they can certainly stem the tide and reverse the process of recruitment, movement and effective operation of foreign terrorist fighters and their associated radical extremists. In order to put in place the critical components of an effective approach to countering ISIL and eventually defeating it, we must address the threat from the source.
12. We must find a way to prevent young people from turning to terror in the first place. And the young people that turn to violent extremism do not exist in a vacuum – they are often part of communities and families and are lured into the fold of barbaric and nihilistic organizations, somehow, through a misguided appeal to their worst fears, expectations and apparent frustrations.
13. While addressing the causes of this attraction and how to deal with them, we should pay close attention to other manifest factors that may not be tangible but can be crucial. Good governance, which entails transparency, accountability and rule of law, remains the basis on which we should kick-start the process of ridding the world of the menace of terrorism and violent extremism.
14. The international community will be required to work together to deter and disrupt illicit financial flows from nations with weak anti–theft structures to other parts of the world.
15. Where such funds are identified, the victim State should be assisted to recover them expeditiously. Mr Chairman, you have yourself observed that "groups like al-Qa’ida and ISIL exploit the anger that festers when people feel that injustice and corruption leave them with no chance of improving their lives."
16. Member States need to address local socio-economic grievances by formulating policies that would ensure broad-based transformation through job creation, equalization of opportunities and expanding access to social services.
17. We in Africa need also rededicate ourselves to uphold the mandate of the African Union Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) and other good governance initiatives that we have adopted in our region, to encourage conformity with political, economic and corporate governance values.
18. The Secretary-General of the United Nations noted in February 2015, we are facing the "the greatest test our human family faces in the 21st century". Thus, all options must be explored and all hands must be on deck in the quest for a durable and a lasting panacea to the threat posed by ISIL, Al-Qaida, Boko Haram and the like.
Thank you for your attention.
Buhari was welcomed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, IGP Solomon E. Arase, among others on Wednesday.
The broadcast will take place at 7am.
According to a statement Wednesday by Burhari's spokesman Femi Adesina, All electronic media stations are kindly requested to join the network services of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) for the broadcast.
''It happened a few weeks ago,'' a source told Us Weekly magazine. ''He’s really heartbroken.''
''He wanted to get married, she wasn’t ready to make the commitment, '' another source said, adding she may have her eye on a new man.
Amanda and Justin, who shared an apartment in New York City, started dating during the summer of 2013. They kindled a relationship when she texted him after finding one of his Instagram posts funny.
No official comments yet from them or rep.
The 28-year-old former Glee actress and her 32-year-old husband married in Mexico in July 2014 and announced they were expecting a baby in February.
"They are so excited to be first-time parents," a source told USWeekly magazine. "It was a very easy pregnancy and birth."
''Naya was born to be a mother and is doing really great so far. And Ryan has amazing paternal instincts and has been waiting on them both hand and foot,'' the source added.
Congrats to the happy couple for their bundle of joy!
Amal Clooney enjoys a girls' night out in New York after celebrating her wedding anniversary with husband George Clooney on Sunday
On Sunday night September 27, the 37-year-old British lawyer celebrated her wedding anniversary with husband George Clooney, 54, at Sunset Tower Hotel’s Tower Bar in West Hollywood.
According to Us Weekly the couple arrived at 10pm and stayed a few hours.
A source told the publication it was a ''lovely, quiet romantic meal.'' and that Amal was dressed up with ''gorgeous jewelry''.
Buhari told reporters in New York shortly after addressing a Global Leaders’ Summit on Countering ISIL and Violent Extremism, ''I will remain Minister of Petroleum and appoint a minister of State for Petroleum''.
Meanwhile, according to the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media and Publicity to the President, Garba Shehu, President Buhari on Wednesday, departed the United States for Abuja after a successful outing at the 70th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
Tuesday, 29 September 2015
''Can you hear me now?'' Snowden wrote on Tuesday shortly after he completed the registration on Twitter.
Ralph Lauren Corp, founded by 75-year-old Lauren in 1967, appointed Stefan Larsson, the global president of Gap's Old Navy division, as CEO effective in November. Lauren will continue to serve as executive chairman and head its design team, the company said in a statement.
Lauren, who got his start designing neckties, plans to stay active at the company and Larsson will report to him.
"When they start designing things I can't understand, I'll quit," Lauren told the New York Times in an interview.
Ralph Lauren shares rose 3.79 percent to $108 in trading after the bell. Gap shares fell 3 percent to $29.30.
The company has been struggling to boost profits as a stronger dollar reduces the value of sales from overseas. Net revenue in its first quarter ended June 27 fell 5 percent, mainly due to currency fluctuations.
Odeon Capital analyst Rick Snyder said the company had grown to a size where it needed more "systems and controls." The change in CEO "is just a natural progression," Snyder said.
Milton Pedraza, a fashion industry analyst at the Luxury Institute, said Larsson's appointment follows a trend of luxury brands hiring leaders from mass-market companies in recent months. He cited the appointment of Grita Loebsack, a former vice president at Unilever Plc, as CEO of Kering's emerging brands, which include Stella McCartney and Gucci.
Larsson, 41, is credited with reviving sales at Old Navy, successfully implementing a model of offering trendy clothes at low prices.
Annual sales at the division rose 8 percent in 2014 and became Gap's biggest business. Sales for the division were $6.62 billion, or 40.3 percent of Gap's total.
Lauren's fashion empire includes some 25 brands including Polo, Club Monaco and Denim & Supply, and the company makes clothing, accessories, furniture, home decor items and footwear under its labels.
Larsson, a Swede who before joining Gap was global head of sales at Hennes & Mauritz, brings experience of managing a fast fashion business with a supply chains considered to be among the most efficient within the apparel industry.
His appointment would be a good fit for Ralph Lauren which is seeking to reorganize and centralize business units and brands, Snyder said.
"If he comes from a place like H&M, he understands global supply chains and that's one of the things that Ralph Lauren is trying to implement right now," Snyder said. "It's going to be very positive for them."
FROM WILD WEST TO HIP HOP
Despite the aura of Anglo-Saxon elitism around his company, Lauren was born Ralph Lifshitz in the Bronx in 1939. His parents were Jewish immigrants from Belarus, and he changed his name to Lauren at age 16.
Lauren's designs drew inspiration from elite and exotic realms including East Coast prepsters, the Wild West, colonists on African safari and czarist Russia. He designed the wardrobe for the 1974 film version of "The Great Gatsby" including a pink suit for star Robert Redford.
The Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, which debuted in 1972, became a signature item for the company with a tiny polo player embroidered on the chest.
His designs have been worn by presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, actress Gwyneth Paltrow and actor Johnny Depp.
Lauren was also, perhaps surprisingly, influential in the hip hop world. His bright colors and bold clothing became staples for some New York gangs, and rappers such as Kanye West and Lil Wayne have mentioned Lauren and his designs in their rhymes.
The company also said that Jackwyn Nemerov, chief operating officer, would retire in November at which time she will become an adviser to the company.
The heel of the 34-year-old pregnant star's perspex sandal bent beneath her foot, almost breaking as she trudged her way around Los Angeles on Monday.
Kim was accompanied by her husband rapper Kanye West, 38.
The 26-year-old was celebrating his birthday on Monday and news reports claimed he was intoxicated when he showed up at Catch Rooftop and brawled with bouncers after being asked to leave.
Smith will face criminal trespass charges following the 3:15 a.m. altercation.
The AJE Filmworks-directed video also features cameo appearances from a couple of celebrities and stars.
In attendance include, President Barrack Obama, who was the chairman of the summit, US National Security Adviser, Ms Susan Rice, UN Chief Ban Ki-moon, National Security Adviser to the President Major General Bababgana Mongunoat and among others.