Tuesday 24 March 2015

''I didn't tear my PDP membership card'' – Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo was one of the speakers at the Global Education and Skills Forum (GESF) 2015 in Dubai last Sunday. Obasanjo, at an interactive session with journalists speaks on Boko Haram insurgency, the forthcoming general elections, President Goodluck Jonathan, among other issues.

The former president denied reports that he publicly tore his PDP membership card.

Read below excerpts from the Interview.

When asked about his public disapproval of President Goodluck Jonathan on corruption, insecurity and other issues reflective of who you are going to vote for in the elections, he said,
''I will decide who I will vote for when the time comes for me to vote. But you have publicly endorsed the APC presidential candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari? When the time comes for me to endorse anybody, I will say I endorse. But what people are putting into my mouth for now, I will spit it out.''
When asked about his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) membership card...whether he publicly tore it, he said,
''I didn't tear my PDP membership card; somebody else tore it because I said to him, “Here is the card, do whatever you like with it. If you like keep it; if you like tear it, if you like burn it. Here it is because they say it is giving them concern and they don’t know what is happening. I did that to prove to them what is happening.''
 When asked about his current status in the political party, he said,
''At this moment, I don’t possess the card of any political party''
Read full interview on www.newtelegraphonline.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...