Thursday 26 March 2015

Sami Miro on Zac Efron Relationship: 'It's Definitely Different'

The 27-year-old model Sami Miro is breaking her silence on boyfriend Zac Efron in this new feature story for Elle.com.

On ditching a career at a San Francisco startup to pursue a lifelong interest in fashion: 
"My life right now is almost opposite of what it was just six months ago...I guess I'm just going for it. So I've been modeling recently and one of my passions, which I didn't realize could be an actual career, is vintage curation. It was something that I had just been doing my entire life. But after moving to Los Angeles and making friends [who worked] in fashion and entertainment I realized, 'Oh, wait. This could be an actual job.'"
On the Holy Grail of vintage fashion: 
"If I want something, I will spend my entire everything finding it. When I get into that zone I need to find it immediately. The last thing I was searching for was a pair of used Dr. Martens. Like original, perfectly worn, but not too worn..."
On the perils of going platinum:
 "It was something I had wanted to do for, like, two years before I did it. I was just too afraid to do it while I had my corporate job at a startup. I thought I was going to go to the salon and come out in, like, an hour with blond hair. First of all, it took ten hours, and then it took four times to get to that color. And I had these super high hopes that when I dyed my hair back to black that it would be all luscious and perfect, like my natural hair, but it still has that bleached hair texture."
On how being raised by a single dad impacted her style: 
"Growing up I didn't really have the feminine touch. I didn't, like, have my mom's cool jackets to wear or, you know, cool hand-me-downs. So I just had my dad's. I've always worn a lot of men's clothing. So I think with Zac—we shop together all the time, and I just naturally like to pick out clothes—our styles have mixed together. I definitely do borrow some cool shirts and jackets of his, too, so it works out really well. We kind of coordinate in a way. I think when you...hang out...you start to appreciate what the other person has to offer and clothing, because we're both really into it, comes out in that way also."
On dealing with the Internet's obsession with her famous boyfriend: 
"I've never spoken about us before, but, um, it's definitely different. I think that you have to take that [kind of attention] with a grain of salt, and put yourself in other people's positions. I think that's actually a really big part of it, putting yourself in their shoes, and trying to understand where they're coming from, and then it kinds of makes sense. It kind of just comes with the territory, and I know there's no really changing that, so you have to just embrace it...I'm not trying to hide anything in my life. If I was dating someone who wasn't in the limelight, I might have more photos on [Instagram] of our relationship, but I do think it's important. I mean, it's what is going on in my life, and I think that my social media can still represent that."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...