Thursday 29 October 2015

Helen Mirren honored at Israel Film Festival in Los Angeles

Helen Mirren holds the prize during her acceptance speech after she was honored with the 2015 IFF Career Achievement Award, presented to her by Trumbo co-star Diane Lane at the 29th Israel Film Festival held at the Saban Theater, Beverly Hillson, Los Angeles on Wednesday October 28.

"These moments are kind of very sweet but kind of sad, because you think 'hmm, it's not actually the end', I hope there's more career for me", the 70-year-old actress said, then recounting her long standing relationship with Israel which began with her first trip to the holy land in the late 1960's with a Jewish boyfriend she had then, volunteering in kibbutz Ha'On and hitchhiking her way to the city of Eilat, where she wound up sleeping on the beach.

 "Since then I've been back a couple of times, I've been very grateful. I was in the remake of the great Israeli film The Debt and I'm so impressed by the incredible Israeli film industry and very excited to see the films that are showing here. I love Israel; I think it's a great country. I think that through all the difficulties and all the pain that Israel has suffered in the past and will in the future, the great thing that Israel has is Israelis and they will guide it through".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...