Monday 15 August 2016

Michael Phelps announces retirement: 'This time I mean it'

Michael Phelps announced on Monday August 15 in an interview with NBC’s ''Today'' show host Matt Lauer that he is ''done'' and is going out the way he wanted to.

The 31-year-old swimmer won a  record breaking 23rd Olympic gold medal at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics.

"Done, done, done and this time I mean it,'' Phelps told Lauer. ''I wanted to come back and finish my career how I wanted and this was the cherry on top of the cake. I'm done. I'm finished. I'm retired. I'm done. No more.''

"Between now and London, I was so much more emotional during these Games, I think that showed at times on camera," he added. "That's the difference. Because I knew this was the last time. I knew this was the last race that I ever had, the last Olympics that I ever had. And everything just really hit hard."

Read full interview HERE

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...