Monday 2 January 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo says Money Not His Priority

Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he is not motivated by money after the Real Madrid forward was linked with turning down a lucrative offer to play in China.

The 31-year-old Portugal captain's agent Jorge Mendes has said that an unnamed Chinese club were willing to pay Madrid a transfer fee of €300 million and give Ronaldo an annual wage of more than €100m, but the offer was rejected as it was "impossible" for his client to accept.

Asked about being the world's best-paid footballer in an interview on Egyptian TV channel On TV, the recently crowned 2016 Ballon d'Or winner said: "In my job I try to be the best, and I work for that.

"So this is important for me, to be the No. 1, the most valued player. But this is not my motivation. My motivation is to play football, to be the best, and this is what I try to do. I'm looking to money only as a means to become comfortable and independent after I finish football."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...