Sunday 5 March 2017

I Will Not Return to Nigeria Again --- Nollywood Actor Anuku

Hanks Anuku, Nigerian actor, says God instructed him to relocate to Ghana, where he says he has become a citizen.

The actor said he left Nigeria because of the turmoil, anarchy, and crisis in the country.

In an interview with Ghana Creative Arts, Anuku said he has found peace in Ghana and that his family will soon join him there.

“First of all, my Ghanaian name is Nana Kwame Fiifi Kakra Anuku. I want you to know that I have naturalized as a Ghanaian and I am going to live here to help Ghanaians. So you can address me as Nana Kwame or Kakra Fiifi,” he said.

“I seek peace and I have found peace living among the beautiful people of Ghana. I think I should just be here, it’s a directive from God and what God says is what I do.

“I have all the grassroots as God has said even in Nigeria, I am well known than all these guys. I had to leave Nigeria because of all the troubles, turmoils, crisis, anarchy. I don’t like to see youths killed over money.”

The 56-year-old actor said he was the only Nigerian that campaigned for Nana Akufo, Ghana’s new president.

“I was the only Nigerian who campaigned for Nana Akufo the president of the republic of Ghana. I did it for the sake of love and because God sent me on that assignment.

“Nobody should think I have forgotten Nigeria, my family and kids are in Nigeria. In the meantime, they are in London but they will return to Nigeria before coming to Ghana, where I will be resettled.

“As time goes on, I will definitely help Nigerians but I need them to have a peaceful atmosphere first because where you have crisis, you can never find development. I seek peace all the time because anyone who has blessed feet has peace in their heart,” the actor said.

Anuku, who is known to play a villain in Nollywood movies, said he has not retired from his career.

“My career is in God’s hands and no one can destroy it. Anyone who says I am not acting again is not telling the truth. I have been writing scripts, reading some brutal scripts here. I am going to be doing this as soon as I am done with the presidency.

“This is where God has put me, nobody should fuss about it. For now, I will not only be helping Ghanaians, I will be helping other Africans who will be integrated in culture and tourism.

“I am not the person you see on TV, I am who God says I am. I am humble, God fearing. I have a PgD in Christology, Christian ministry; Adeboye conferred me many years ago.”

GHLinks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...