Thursday 16 March 2017

Police arrests Muslim cleric for stoning 3-year-old boy to death in Lagos

A Muslim cleric, Kazeem Alimson, popularly known as Alfa, has been arrested for killing a three-year-old boy, Chigozie Okereke, at the White Sand area of Isheri-Oshun, Ejigbo, Lagos.

A 15-year-old boy, Simon Kanu, said he was paid N500 by the said Alimson to lure the baby, adding that the baby was killed with a heavy stone in his presence.

The deceased’s mother explained that her baby went missing around 7.pm on Tuesday after she brought him out for his evening bath.

She narrated: “When I finished bathing the younger one, I went inside to get the wrapper to strap him in order to enable me bathe the other child. But on getting outside, I didn’t see my baby again. The sister said he went into my neighbour’s house but I didn’t see him there and when I asked, they said he went out with Simon.

“I called my son’s name but there was no response. Later, we saw Simon that night, I asked him about the whereabouts of my son, he said he did not see him. Simon took my son, strangled him with his shirt and stoned him to death. He is my third child. I feel hurt. My heart is broken. I need justice.”

The Isheri Osun Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Emeodi Camilus, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), who got a tip-off, rushed to the scene and arrested the two suspects.

During interrogation, Simon. a primary six pupil added that the Alfa took him and the child to an uncompleted building where the boy was murdered with a heavy stone.

“I went to site and I saw how he killed Chigozie,” he said.

“He tied him up and was making incantation before hitting him with a stone three times. He said he would kill me if I told anybody. He also showed me his juju knife and that he would use it to kill me if I told anyone.”

But the cleric denied the allegation, claiming that he is not a ritualist but a cult member.

He said: “I was in my house sleeping when I heard people shouting. When I came out, I saw some policemen and when I asked, I was told that they saw a dead child. I went back inside, and 30 minutes later, the police came back and arrested me. I don’t know the boy and I have never spoken to him.”

At this point, the teenager interjected and said, “You are lying. He was giving me sign with his eyes not to talk. I saw you when you were using the stone to hit him until he died.”

The Divisional Police Officer of Isheri Osun revealed that the boy’s dead body was found in the suspect’s house after a search was conducted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...