Friday 3 July 2015

Ayo Fayose: 'I will appoint illiterates as part of my government'

Governor of Ekiti State Peter Ayodele Fayose says in a series of tweets on Friday (July 3) that he will appoint 'illiterates' as part of his government because they voted massively for him to become governor.
''I will appoint illiterates as part of my govt because not being literate does not make anyone less intelligent than those who are educated,'' he tweeted. ''Those illiterates voted massively for me to become governor, nothing should preclude them from serving in my govt. I don't believe in "use and dump" mentality. Rather, those who contributed to my election must be part of my govt. Okada riders, farmers,etc. A lot of people did not go to school, not because they never wanted to or they lacked intellect, but because they could not afford to go to school. The same people that are criticising me now also criticised my stomach infrastructure idea. Now they are doing the same thing.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...