Wednesday 21 May 2014

Samuel Eto'o brands Mourinho ''Puppet'' in another parting shot..read inside content

Samuel Eto'o has delivered another parting shot at Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho by branding him a 'puppet'.

Eto'o is out of contract at Stamford Bridge after a season-long stint following his move from Anzhi Makhachkala and looks to have signalled his departure with some disparaging remarks in recent weeks.

The 33-year-old was angered by Mourinho's comments earlier in the season when he appeared to question his official age and described the Portuguese as a 'puppet' after previously branding him a 'fool'.

"Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit," he told the Confederation of African Football's official website.

Player Profile at Chelsea Football Club:

27. Samuel Eto'o

Appearances 30 (9)

Goals 12

Assists 3

Yellows 1

Reds 0

Current Season

"At 33, I feel real good. I have proven that I could do better than youths."

Eto'o scored 12 times last season as Chelsea finished third in the Premier League and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League.

He is currently preparing for the upcoming World Cup and is confident he can still play for a top European team next season.

"I wish to also say that I am not going to the United States or to the Middle East," he said.

"I will continue at the top level. I will continue to play the Champions League.

"My romance with this competition is far from over. I will not tell you where, but I will be at the top level. I am 33 and I have two World Cups to play.

"Before me there are other players who went on until the age of 41. So I can continue."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...