Monday 15 February 2016

I lose over $1m yearly for accepting to serve as Minister - Ibe Kachikwu

The Minister of state for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu has revealed that by serving as a minister in Nigeria, he is losing at least $1 million every year.

''The call to public service for me was unique,'' he said on Sunday in Abuja. ''I was vice-president of Exxon Mobil West Africa and I was suddenly called to serve. In serving, I lose a lot of money, if not at least a million dollars every year by virtue of being a minister, but the thing is, I am directed by the voice of God. I believe that this country needs help. I believe that it is about time we began to perform for the young and upcoming. I believe that the sheer capacity of this country is unimaginable. I do not know of any country in the world with our population, our resources, our intellect, our flamboyance, our family nexus, everything is together.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...