Wednesday 24 February 2016

''I'm not afraid, if Jumoke is rich today, we both own it'' - Sunday Orisaguna

Former bread seller turned model, Jumoke Orisaguna's husband Sunday Orisaguna says he's not intimidated by his wife's new found wealth and fame.

Here's what Sunday had to share with Encomium magazine in a recent interview.

Encomium: How do you feel today?

Sunday: I am very happy. I never expected it. I didn’t know things will turn around for us this soon. I wasn’t expecting it. I cannot express how I feel today. I didn’t know we can get to where we are today. From the time I was born till now. It is overwhelming. I didn’t ever envisage such a great thing. I didn’t know we can ever get here.

What actually happened, why did your wife come over to Lagos and you didn’t come with her?

I live in Ire, Osun state. We were living together there before she came over to Lagos. Ire Poly went on strike early in the year. Because of that, things were a bit slow. There were no sales. I am an artisan. I make aluminum doors and windows. She is a hairdresser.

Students patronized her a lot, but once there is strike, sales will be on a low scale. She decided to come over to Lagos and find something doing. She didn’t have it in mind to do a particular business. She just said when she comes over, she will get any profitable venture she can engage in. it was when she got to Lagos she called to tell me that she was selling bread. She left our first child, Grace at home. She said the small one will not stay because she is a baby. We communicated very well. There is no problem. We agreed she should come over.

Now that she is in Lagos, are you also coming over?

Yes, that is what we are praying for. We need to relocate. We need accommodation and every other thing. Lagos is not an easy place. We didn’t know we would get a house. We don’t know how far it is from the house and her work place. You have to consider the traffic and everything. Unless one has a personal car we can use to drive her to work so that she wouldn’t be late for work. I will go back home to bring my other daughter so that we can all come over to Lagos.

Do you like the work your wife is doing?

Yes, I like it. I am really excited about it.

Do you feel threatened that she is now famous and has gone ahead of you?

I am not afraid because when we had nothing, she was always there. If I said I needed this, she would give me. I am not afraid. If she is rich today, we both own it. I trust her for that. She has been a very good wife. I believe she will continue to be good.

How did your path and hers cross?

She came to greet her grandma in my area some years back. She came from Lagos. She went to her mother’s younger sister, who introduced her to hairdressing. I used to go to where she was learning hairdressing to toast her but she insisted that she came to learn hairdressing and not to befriend a man.

I used to go there often and after six months, she said yes, that was how it all started.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...