Wednesday 15 July 2015

I was jealous of Mourinho's treble-winning with Inter - Mancini

Roberto Mancini admits he was jealous of Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's treble-winning season at Inter Milan.

Despite the 50-year-old coach claiming three consecutive Scudetto triumphs in his first stint at Inter, he was sacked and replaced by Jose Mourinho in the summer of 2008.

''I didn't expect to be fired,'' Mancini told Gazzetta TV. I read the article in the morning and some doubts emerged in my mind. [Massimo] Moratti called and told me he’d made this decision. Did he mention Mourinho? No. I must thank Moratti anyway, because he gave me the opportunity to be the coach of Inter in an important moment of my career.''

On Mourinho.
''I think he’s a good coach,'' Mancini admitted. ''Am I jealous about the treble? That’s a natural emotion, but I believe things happen because they were meant to happen.''



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...