Monday 11 July 2016

Meet UK's new Prime Minister Theresa May as David Cameron announces he'll step down this week!

David Cameron said Monday in a statement he will be stepping down from his position as the UK Prime Minister on Wednesday July 13, making way for Theresa May to take his place.

The 59-year-old British politician, who has served as the Home Secretary since 2010, will be receiving the job by default as no one else seems to want it. The only other contender, Andrea Leadsom, quit the race on Monday.

Theresa was on the ''remain'' side of the Brexit vote, though she has promised to implement Brexit to go along with the wishes of the voters.

''We're not going to have a prolonged Conservative leadership election campaign. I think Andrea Leadsom has made absolutely the right decision to stand aside and it's clear Theresa May has the overwhelming support of the Conservative parliamentary party. I'm also delighted that Theresa May will be the next Prime Minister. She is strong, she is competent, she's more than able to provide the leadership that our country is going to need in the years ahead and she will have my full support. Obviously with these changes, we now don't need to have a prolonged period of transition, and so tomorrow I will chair my last Cabinet meeting, on Wednesday I will attend the House of Commons for Prime Minister's Questions, and then after that I expect to go to the Palace to offer my resignation so we’ll have a new Prime Minister in that building behind me by Wednesday evening, '' the 49-year-old outgoing leader said.''


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...