Sunday 12 July 2015

PHOTOS: Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon 2015 final

Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Wimbledon men's singles final in four sets 7-6 (7-1) 6-7 (10-12) 6-4 6-3 to win his third Wimbledon and ninth Grand Slam title on Sunday July 12.
"I have to say it's a big challenge playing against Roger," the 28-year-old world No 1 said. "A lot of players of my generation have looked up to him and followed his lead. He makes you push your limits, work hard and win every single point. He's done so much for our sport on and off the court.  
Djokovic on eating the grass: ''It tastes very very good this year.''

On the 33-year-old No 2, Roger Federer.
"I had my chances in the first set. I got lucky to win the second, had chances in the third. But he was better on the bigger points. He was rock solid, I didn't play badly myself. That's how it goes. I think Novak played great not only today but the whole two weeks, this year, plus last year. I'm still very hungry and motivated to keep playing ... A match like this is pretty helpful.'' 













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...