Tuesday 26 January 2016

Fayose denies visiting Aregbesola to help him beg Buhari

Ekiti state Governor Ayo Fayose who visited Osun state Governor Rauf Aregbesola of  the APC on Tuesday said he did not go to see Aregbesola for him to help beg president Buhari on his behalf contrary to speculations.

''This is my first official visit to any APC state in Nigeria,'' Fayose said. ''I am not in Osogbo to ask Aregbesola to help me beg as being speculated in some quarters. We are all Yoruba, politics is like water, it can flow anywhere.''

He continued, ''I was moved by the historic visit of the Ooni of Ife to the Alaafin of Oyo and I am of the opinion that the Yoruba leaders must unite. The Yoruba nation must not be rubbished. Our leaders must not be rubbished irrespective of the political they belong to. I believe in the Yoruba race, the race comes first before the office of the governor. The race is eternal while that of governor is momentary. We must watch today to be guided by tomorrow. I am here for the unity of Yoruba as it affect the Oodua, the progenitor.''




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...