Monday 26 January 2015

Didier Drogba wants to extend Chelsea stay

Didier Drogba has underlined his desire to stay at Chelsea beyond the end of the current season, when his contract expires.

During this first spell, the Ivorian won three Premier League titles and four FA Cups before sealing the Champions League with the decisive penalty in the shootout against Bayern Munich in the 2012 final.

Many thought that spot-kick would be Drogba’s last act in a Chelsea shirt, but, after stints at Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray, the 36-year-old was reunited with Jose Mourinho on a one-year deal.
“When you have achieved so much and won so many trophies like we have done in the past 10 years, that creates something special,” he told Sky Sports.
“I hope, and the club makes me believe, I am part of this big family, so we are going to find the best thing for both of us to promote the club in the best way.
“When I left this club [the first time], I was saying that I had done everything I wanted to do, but I think now that I did not do everything, I think there is more to do.
“I love this club and would love to be part of this club for the future, with the new players.”
Credit: Omojuwa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...