Thursday 16 July 2015

Serena Williams withdraws from Swedish Open with elbow injury

Serena Williams is withdrawing from the Swedish Open in Bastad following an elbow injury.

The 33-year-old reigning Wimbledon champion who beat Ysaline Bonaventure in the first round, was forced to pull out of the clay-court event on Thursday July 16. Because of  the injury she won't be able to play Czech Klara Koukalova in the second round.
''I was having some pain in my right elbow," Williams said. ''I felt it a little bit in my match [on Wednesday], and this morning I really couldn't hit serves. The main thing is that we don't want [the injury] to get worse, we obviously want it to heal."
We're sending well wishes to 'Serena Slam' for a speedy recovery!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...