Friday 22 September 2017

Diego Costa claims his time at Chelsea was 'very good'

Diego Costa has claimed that his time at Chelsea was very good as he returned home to Atletico Madrid after a transfer deal of £58million fee was agreed between both clubs on Thursday. 
The 24-year-old Brazil-born forward who underwent a medical with Diego Simeone's side and finalise his contract on Friday, will not be able to play for Atletico until January due to their transfer ban. 

"I'm very happy, It's taken a lot of time but it has a happy ending," Costa told reporters at Barajas airport. "Now I'm waiting to see my team-mates and train. I'm looking forward to giving my best as always, and hopefully things go well. It always makes you a little nervous when time is passing by, but (Atletico chief executive) Miguel Angel Gil has made a great effort and I'm grateful to him, like everybody at the club. I'm very happy and will try to show my thanks in some way."

Costa, who had two years left on his contract with the Premier League champions, said of his acrimonious Stamford Bridge exit:

 "It's not the way I wanted it leave, ever. I have special affection for the people at Chelsea. I'm not a person who is going to smear the image. They know the person I am. I wanted to return (to Atletico). I'm not going to be ungrateful to Chelsea, where I was also very happy, playing in a team that was great. Atletico is my home and I'm here."

Costa scored 59 goals in 120 appearances for Chelsea after joining them from Atletico for £32million in 2014, helping the Blues win two Premier League titles in the process.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...