Monday 18 September 2017

Wayne Rooney banned from driving for two years

Wayne Rooney has been banned from driving for two years after pleading guilty on Monday to a drink driving charge.

It means the 31-year-old Former England captain won’t be able to drive any of the fleet of supercars he boasts.

The Everton striker is expected to employ a driver for the next 24 months. In a statement issued after the plea he apologised for his ‘unforgivable lack of judgment’

”Following today’s court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgement in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong. I have already said sorry to my family, my manager and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career. Of course I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service,” he said

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...