Sunday 29 November 2015

Tyson Fury beats Wladimir Klitschko to become new world champion - In pictures

Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous points decision on a sensational night in Dusseldorf, Germany to become the new heavyweight champion of the world.

The 27-year-old Manchester fighter, who was awarded on Saturday night the fight 115-112, 115-112, 116-111 on the judges' scorecards, is now the WBA, IBF and WBO champion.

Fury ended the decade-long reign of the great Klitschko.

''I've always known I would become world heavyweight champion,'' Fury said, at a pres conference. ''It's my destiny. Ask any member of my family - we've always known. My brother Shane and I used to spar with each other in the kitchen. We didn't have gloves, so we wrapped tea towels around our hands. I knew I would do it and I knew I would beat Wladimir tonight. I've always been confident and I showed why in this fight. I think he knew too. I'm grateful to him for giving me this chance and if I can be half the champion he is, I'll be a happy man.''
















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...