Tuesday 10 November 2015

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wins Sweden top player award for 10th time

Paris St-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was named the Sweden footballer of the year for the tenth time in his career on Monday evening November 9 in Stockholm, Sweden.

The 34-year-old has now won the award nine times in a row since Fredrik Ljungberg triumphed in 2006. Luís Figo presented Ibrahimovic with the Guldbollen award on Monday.

"Last year, I promised to come here to collect my 10th Golden Ball -- I don't know if I can promise the same thing for next year," Ibrahimovic told the audience. ''But this makes me think of my time as a junior football player in Malmo. I used to sit in the locker room, looking around, and thinking: 'to succeed I have to be 10 times better than everyone else'. It feels like I have already managed that. There is no more to say. I have made history again and again. I hope someone else gets to experience what I have experienced. The joy can't be described. Many thanks to all who have been following me from day one."

Since his first Guldbollen win, Ibrahimovic has played for Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan and PSG, commanding transfer fees of £150m.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...