Wednesday 23 March 2016

Hulk Hogan speaks out after winning sex tape trial against Gawker

Pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has spoken out for the first time after winning $140 million in a lawsuit against Gawker for posting a sex tape filmed without his consent.

''I was relieved that people actually finally believe me,''he told People. ''So many people thought I was making a sex tape to sell as entertainment.''

Hogan, 62, says he didn’t realize until after he had left the courtroom that he had been awarded the huge monetary sum, some of which was later added in more damages.

The reason Hulk went through with the lawsuit was to ''let people know what Gawker is all about, come what may and that means no matter what. I think I accomplished that, whether I win or lose or get rewarded with some type of financial assistance or not. At the end of the day, I accomplished my mission and that was to let people know what Gawker is doing and that they’re not legitimate journalists and this is not trying to destroy the First Amendment – we’re trying to protect the First Amendment. It was an invasion of privacy and it was just something I wanted people to know that this is not right. It was never about trying to destroy – it was about trying to make things the way they were supposed to be.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...