Monday 9 November 2015

Tim Wolfe, University of Missouri System President resigns amid campus protests, racial tension

Tim Wolfe, the President of the University of Missouri System has announced his resignation during a Board of Curators meeting on the institute campus on Monday.

''I’m resigning as president of the University of Missouri System,'' Wolfe said while reading a statement. ''My motivation in making this decision comes from love. I love MU, Columbia where I grew up, the state of Missouri. I thought, prayed about this decision. It’s the right thing to do.''

According to the Power Mizzou, the resignation came approximately 40 hours after members of the Mizzou football team tweeted out their intent to abstain from football-related activities until Wolfe was out as President, joining a movement on campus led by activist group Concerned Student 1950.

For more Missouri news, visit PowerMizzou.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...