Sunday 22 May 2016

Amara Nwankwo says she got married to her husband Kanu as teenager

Former Nigerian footballer Kanu Nwankwo's Amara has revealed in an interview with Punch Newspaper why she got married as a teenager.

On coping as at the time she got married at 18:

Marriage is a growth process and I learn on a daily basis. I got married as a teenager. I was young. I think I jumped into the deep end and I simply went with it. It takes a lot of determination to keep things going because irrespective of your age, marriage throws a lot of curves at you. The main thing is being able to bounce back after being hit with a surprise or what you do not expect.

On having any doubts about her marriage:

"I wasn't scared. I felt it like it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I was in love, so there was no time for a negative feeling like fear to come up. I think the love I had and still have for my husband was all I needed to feel comfortable and good.

The couples have been married for 12 years and they both have three kid, two boys and a girl together.

For more from Amara visit www.punchng.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...