Friday 27 May 2016

Wizkid was once rejected by Jay Z’s Roc Nation - Wale

US rapper Wale revealed at an interview on Hot 97 that during Wizkid's earlier days, he had brought up the idea to sign the Nigerian singer to Roc Nation owned by Jay Z, but it was rejected.

''I’m proud of Davido and Wizkid, and Olamide”, Wale said. “There’s a lot of dope artistes coming out of there. I know it was going to get there, because Nigeria’s got like a whole 60% of the swag in Africa come from Nigeria, and I have always known Wizkid. I remember bringing the idea of signing Wizkid to Roc Nation, to the guys over here like early on…but that was way before his time, but I knew what it was gonna be. There’s so much money there, as far as like Dubai, London and all of that, I knew it was going to get there. I got one with Wizkid with Diplo, I’ve got like seven songs with Wizkid on the internet. But again, it was before this. Like again, If I had held on to him and put him on, it would have been a different story.''

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...