Sunday 29 May 2016

Cristiano Ronaldo hits back at his critics: You're just jealous that I'm still the No 1!

Cristiano Ronaldo and his son posed for camera with the Champions League trophy inside the dressing room of Milan's San Siro stadium on Saturday night May 28 in Italy.

The 31-year-old Real Madrid forward who scored the decisive penalty in the shootout after Diego Godin had missed his, insisted he remains at the peak of his powers claiming that jealousy is the only reason anyone would not be happy for his third Champions League triumph.

''This season I was the No 1 in the team, again, for most minutes,'' he said. ''I have more than 4,000. That means a lot to me. It means I am still good, I still feel good physically, mentally. I was the top scorer in this competition again (with 16 goals). If you ask me if I feel tired now, of course, I have a lot of minutes in the legs. But I am still there, I am always there. I showed the team I am there for the good moments and bad moments. This is what makes me feel proud. My performance (in the final) is maybe not the best one but who played unbelievable? No one. So it’s tough, it’s the end of the season, you don’t have power in the legs that you have in the beginning of the season, but I did my best. I ran and we won. That is the most important. To win my third Champions League is unbelievable.''

Ronaldo continued, ''Only the jealous don’t feel that. But I don’t care about that. I always keep the people who love me. So this Champions League is for them, the guys who support me all the time, my fans in Portugal and around the world.''

He added of his personal goals, ''It is what it is, six years when I’m scoring more than 50 goals, but I am asking more. I am always in the top level. I just want to maintain. I still feel fresh and I want to carry on like that. I love to play for Real Madrid. I want to carry on.''















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...