Friday 27 May 2016

Mourinho sends Twitter into a frenzy as 500,000 tweets are sent after Manchester United appointment

Jose Mourinho is never far away from the headlines, but his dramatic return to the Premier League ahead of next season has created a flurry on social media.

The former Chelsea manager finally replaced the sacked Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager following months of speculation, and the internet loved it.

Twitter users have been gripped by the situation at United according to figures provided by the social media site, with discussion around the managerial change at Old Trafford prompting more than six million tweets in only two weeks.

Half a million tweets came in the hours following United's confirmation of their new manager, with a peak of 6,200 tweets per minute as the news broke.

In his first interview after being confirmed as Van Gaal's successor, Mourinho spoke of his delight at being in the job and how he plans to take the club forward.

Those three years have seen both David Moyes and Van Gaal fail to meet the expectations at Old Trafford, with just one trophy, an FA Cup last week, and one finish inside the top four.

''I think we can look at our club now in two perspectives,''Mourinho said. ''One perspective is the past three years and another perspective is the club history. I think I prefer to forget the past three years; I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now. I think what the fans are expecting me to say is that I want to win. And more than that, I need the players and supporters to feel that I say that, but I think we can really.''

Culled from Daily Mail UK

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...