Thursday 20 October 2016

Luis Suarez wins Golden Boot award for 2015/16 season - Photos

Barcelona player Luis Suarez has been presented with the European Golden Shoe award for 2015/16 season for the second time in his career at a ceremony held on Thursday October 20 in Barcelona.

The 29-year-old Uruguay striker who received the award from his children Benjamín and Delfina (pictured) said he'd love to retire at Barcelona. He claimed the prize after scoring 40 league goals last season as Barca won La Liga

Here's what Suarez told reporters at the official ceremony:

"I'm at the best team in the world with the best players, if you target an individual award you can probably get it but the priority is the team winning titles. But, if I don't win it then Messi or Neymar will. I've never aspired to be top scorer, just to lift the Champions League, which I've already done. I know the value of having done it at Liverpool in the Premier League. I have some great teammates who make it easy but this isn't an easy award to win. I was lucky to begin at Ajax with a lot of goals, that gave me the chance to go to Liverpool although I couldn't fulfill my dream of winning the Premier League. It's too early to say that I'll finish my career here (Barcelona), I'd need to be at the highest level for the rest of my career, and I won't think about that yet. Of the 40 goals, my favourite are probably the two I scored at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu."

Suarez first claimed the Golden Boot award while playing for Liverpool in 2013/14 season.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...