Tuesday 22 December 2015

Ranieri: I want Leicester fans to dream of title

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri wants the club's fans to keep dreaming amid discussion outside of whether his side are credible title challengers.

''I'm proud of my players and our fans. The fans are dreaming and I don’t want to wake them up,'' the 64-year-old Italian coach said. ''We must enjoy, play free and without pressure. If the world are speaking about you then you enjoy and continue to play.''

Ranieri, whose side will be traveling to Anfield to face a Liverpool side on Saturday, however added, ''at Liverpool, there’s a very good atmosphere and we’ll have to show our very best if we want to win there. We have Mahrez, but Liverpool have two of Mahrez in [Philippe] Coutinho and [Adam] Lallana. Possession is important but it’s not our best [quality]. Why should I show that? We’re strong because we play to our strengths. I appreciate Klopp a lot. I watched him in last season’s winter break [while at Borussia Dortmund] and saw how he worked. Liverpool have a very good manager.''

Leicester City is topping the Premier League table for the first time in their 131-year history on 38 points, two ahead of second-placed Arsenal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...