Saturday 5 December 2015

Social media should stop publishing lies - Dino Melaye

Senator representing Kogi West (APC), Dino Melaye says on Friday that Social media users in Nigeria should stop publishing lies about public servants or political office holders for selfish purposes.

''It is amazing how hilarious people can be,'' he said on Twitter. ''I said stop publishing lies, shikena! For fear of insult and blackmail Nigerians will keep mute. I will always speak my mind even with a gun on my head. My motion is not part of Na'allah's bill. Premium Times and Cable is a good example. One can not tell if Sahara is a tabloid, blog or ? They have lost their anointing to be objective and fair. I celebrate Social Media but we will not allow Social Media to be used as an instrument of blackmail and medium to cast aspersion on people's integrity without course. For Channels program this morning. I was called 11pm last night to appear on Channels 7:30am. Common I deserve some respect. For the character running his mouth this morning on TV,book for 30mins airtime 4 both of us to appear. You will disappoint your paymasters.''

The Nigerian Senate had on Wednesday December 2 passed a bill proposing to jail any social media user for two years or option of N4 million fine who makes false statement against any public office holder without a sworn affidavit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...