Thursday 7 January 2016

I won’t return the Millions I collected – Yakasai

Tanko Yakasai has stated why he would not return the money he collected from the former PDP Board of Trustees chairman, Chief Tony Anenih.

The Northern leader was reportedly implicated by Chief Anenih for receiving N63million out of the N250million he had received from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Yakasai, who said the question of asking him to return the money does not arise, however said he collected only N53m from Anenih and not N63m as the PDP strongman had claimed.

He told Premium Times on telephone that he had not committed any crime as the money given to him was not meant for his personal use.

''I think your questions of whether I will return the money is like jumping the gun, because at the first instance nobody gave me money on my personal capacity. As I told you, the money is for that group. And we had, as part of the assignment, visited Borno and Yobe and even met with two traditional leaders. So we have carried out our assignment diligently.  am ready at any given time to respond to invitation by EFCC. I am ready to clear my name," he said.

The EFCC is handling cases of the diversion of funds by the office of the NSA into PDP campaigns.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...