Tuesday 12 January 2016

Rolling Stone releases El Chapo's full interview

Rolling Stone has on Tuesday afternoon published the full 17-minute-long interview video of Sean Penn with the world's drug lord Joaquin ''El Chapo'' Guzman.

The release came as questions continue to circle around the legal status of Penn's jungle rendez-vous with the Sinaloa cartel leader, who was on the run from Mexican authorities after escaping jail.

Releasing the video Rolling Stone wrote: 'Ultimately, it proved impossible to do the interview in-person, but Penn sent questions by BBM device and Chapo agreed to record his responses on videotape. Without being present, Penn could neither control the questioning, nor prod for elaborations into his responses.''

The video shows El Chapo sat in a blue paisley shirt and baseball cap on what appears to be a ranch. A rooster can be heard screeching throughout.

It starts with El Chapo's associate reading out the question: ''How was your childhood?''

Guzmán responds: ''I remember from the time I was six until now, my parents... a very humble family, very poor. I remember how my mom made bread to support the family, I would sell it, I sold oranges, I sold soft drinks, I sold candy. My mom was a very hard worker, she worked a lot. We grew corn... beans. I took care of my grandmother's cattle.''

He then describes how he made the segway into drugs at the age of 15 while living on a ranch called La Tuna in the Municipality of Badiraguato.

''In that area and up until today there are no job opportunities,'' he said. The way to have... to be able to buy food, to survive, is to grow poppy and marijuana. From there, from my ranch, I started leaving at 18 to Culiacan then after to Guadalajara - but I never stopped visiting the ranch, even now, because my mother, thank God, is still alive and lives out there on the ranch, La Tuna.''

Continue by watching the video in full:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...