Sunday 26 February 2017

Manchcester United boss Mourinho wants Ibrahimovic to stay at club

Jose Mourinho wants striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic to stay at Manchester United for another year.

Ibrahimovic joined the Premier League side on a free transfer from Paris-St Germain for a year, with the option of extending his contract for a second season.

"We all want and believe he will stay one more season," the 54-year-old Manchester United manager said. "I never beg for a player to sign a contract or to play for me. When Zlatan went to Barcelona [from Inter Milan], I was very sad. But if needed, the fans can go to the door of his house and stay there all night. I was his manager. I know the potential. Only a silly player comes to England if he doesn't feel he can do it. Who better to know? Him. Not me or you. When he decides to come here it is because he feels ready. It is not my credit. It is him. Nothing for me."

The 35-year-old Sweden international has scored 26 goals in 38 games this season, including two in the EFL Cup final win over Southampton.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...