Sunday 26 February 2017

Toke Makinwa in trouble over memoir

Maje Ayida , the estranged husband of Toke Makinwa, has sued her for a whopping N100 million for defamation of character.

Toke, a TV host, had written a tell-it-all book “On Becoming”, documenting her sour marriage to Ayida, a celebrity gym expert.

In an earlier letter, Ayida’s lawyers had written to Toke to stop the sale of the book.

She was also asked to remove parts of the book that were considered defamatory to their clients (Ayida’s) , but she ignored the complaint.

Toke is currently on a book tour of the U.K, to sell and launch the book.

Toke, one of Nigeria’s popular TV Personalities, joined the league of authors in Nigeria as she unveiled her Memoir, `On Becoming’ on 28th November, 2016 .

She is known for co-hosting `Moments’ on EL Television on DSTV Cable Channel 165, the Morning Drive on Rhythm 93.7 FM and her YouTube blog series.

“On becoming’ is my journey through pain to victory,’’ said Toke, who suffered a public marriage crash with Ayida in June 2015, said.

“Today I become….I hereby introduce you to #OnBecoming.,’’ she wrote on her Instagram.

She explained that each time someone tells her to write a book, she felt the idea was good but deep there was always the uncertainty.

“I felt the idea was great but deep down I was still unsure (fear maybe)…Then came June 2015 and my world fell apart. My world crushed completely and in all of the pain, I heard it again.’’

“This time, I knew what happened to me happened for a reason…I am a city set on a hill.

“My life reflects God’s glory. I have been given a platform to share and God was going to use my pain. In the pain, there was a message and On Becoming was conceived,’’ she said.

In a tweet, she describes herself as the “latest author in town’’.

NAN

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...