Thursday 27 August 2015

Germany's Celia Sasic crowned UEFA Best Women's Player in Europe

Celia Sasic is presented with the 2014-2015 UEFA Best Women Player in Europe award by Platini at the Champions League draw on Thursday.

The 27-year-old Germany striker who announced her retirement last month, topped the vote ahead of German team-mate Dzsenifer Marozsan and France's Amandine Henry.

"It's amazing [to win this award]," Sasic said after being presented with the trophy. But I also want to say that this is a trophy for my team-mates from the national team and from FFC Frankfurt. I have the best job, I am a striker but my team-mates are the ones who give me good balls, so it's for them too."

Sasic is only the third recipient of the award, following in the footsteps of Nadine Angerer who won it in 2013 and Nadine Kessler who scooped the award last year.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...